Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Retro Summer Cocktail - The Gimlet - 1960's











I love retro cocktails, and let's face it we are seeing the 60's and 70's everywhere lately, so the Gimlet keeps popping up. Watching an episode of Mad Men, the women were drinking Gimlets. They were also drinking Gimlets on the now cancelled Swingtown. Then when I started reading Julie & Julia, Julie drinks a Gimlet. So I decided to look up the drink for this Wacky Wednesday. I like Gin and it is made with either Gin or Vodka.
Gimlet
1 1/2 oz Gin or Vodka
1/2 oz Rose's Lime Juice
Garnish with Lime

Put into a shaker with ice and strain into a Martini Glass, or serve over ice in a Highball. Add a splash of Sprite or Soda for a Fizzy Gimlet.

Now do I try it original with Gin or with Vodka?
Please Drink Responsibly. Do Not Drink And Drive!!

No comments: