Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stainless Steel Contact Paper -- Portable Dishwasher

Currently in use, haha. So this old 1947 house with the L shaped kitchen has no room for a dishwasher. Ya, I could take away what undercounter space I have, but no, I have space on an empty wall, and that is where the portable dishwasher lives. For those of you not familiar with them, they roll around on wheels and hook up to the sink. Well most of the kitchen has been redone, (tomorrow and following days post), but I had to pick up another portable, as my old one broke. If you have never priced them, they are pricey, wow, so on to Craig's List. Watched Craig's List for about a month and this beauty came up. True I would have rather had the solid black but, hey for $150.00 and pretty much almost brand new, I'm all in. So I ran down to my neighborhood Home Depot and picked up some Contact Paper that mimics stainless steel and put it on the front. Now the only question left, is do I paint the sides black, like all the stainless steel appliances are? Or, maybe the grey/green that my kitchen is? Or, maybe even black chalkboard paint on the side that sticks out in the kitchen to leave messages? Hmmmm, not sure.

But, the jist of this post is, if you haven't checked out the Contact Paper section in your Home Depot, you should, they have some great stuff. You don't have to be stuck in the 1950's, you can turn it up a notch.

Oh, and for those of you wondering, I am not the only one in the world still using a portable. Saw an episode of Divine Design, and Candace Olson took and old kitchen, repainted the cabinets, put up some bead board, stainless appliances, built an island and sliding into the island was a portable dishwasher--believe it or not. If I had room for an island, I would steal that trick, but alas, no room for an island, it does however fit perfect where it is.

Have a DIY day.


No comments: